About Me

I decided to write this blog basically for myself, to get my thoughts organized each day, and keep myself focused on what really matters... the family God has given me, and learning to love them better each 'new day' He gives me.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I hate Tuesdays

It has just occurred to me, on this dismal, gray day, how much I hate Tuesdays. I mean, every other day has a high point, something going on to look forward to; not Tuesdays.

Mondays, everyone goes back to school, and me and the little man have a bit of a down day; very little cleaning, maybe some laundry, make a half decent dinner and maybe a game after.

Wednesdays are baking days around here! I would love to say I'm a good mom who has a warm plate of cookies ready for her kids everyday when they walk through the door after school--I have even attempted to do so a couple of days a week--but I am not that motivated. Wednesday night, however, the kids have Awana and I have choir practice, and I bake snacks for the choir. I absolutely LOVE doing it! I have created my own ministry, and I am reaping the rewards of friendship from it. It's all good.

Thursdays, my husband usually has at least part of the day off, which he spends with our little guy while I run errands or do some cleaning. I realize that doesn't sound like heaps of fun, but it is actually nice to be able to do something without any kids in tow, just by myself. Sometimes I go out just because I can do so all by myself. Then on Thursday nights, Sammy has drum lessons, which I love to go to; I love to see the surprise on his teacher's face when he sees how well Sam is doing, something he didn't expect because Sam is so little.



Fridays usher in the weekend, and we kick it off with Family Night, where we have dinner in front of the TV while we watch a movie, and maybe play a game or two before a later bedtime for all. Saturday is easy-going; laundry and a wee bit of cleaning, showers in the afternoon before dinner, earlier bedtime because of church the next morning, and a hallmark movie for me once everyone's in bed. And Sunday is church, and I love my church!

But Tuesdays... nothing. I don't feel like doing anything, and right smack in the middle of the afternoon, I pick the kids up from school, take 2 of them to piano lessons and run errands (usually dinner groceries) while they're there, and then home where everything is rushed until dinner time. I hate the rush; I hate Tuesdays.

I've been doing an online study in the book of James, and aside from the fact that I am getting to know some really cool ladies from the UK, Canada (yay, my homeland), and the US, I am seeing things in this book that I have overlooked in the past. Today's verses reminded me that temptations are not of God, but my own selfish and/or sinful desires, and that I need to resist them before they even take hold. I was reminded, too, that while God doesn't send temptation or trial, He will allow it and use it for our own good and His glory.

So today, while the temptation is great to sulk, pout, and sit around doing nothing on this miserable Tuesday, I am going to get up off my stumps and try to get something accomplished.

Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment