About Me

I decided to write this blog basically for myself, to get my thoughts organized each day, and keep myself focused on what really matters... the family God has given me, and learning to love them better each 'new day' He gives me.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

My new favourite song

Okay, so I'm writing this down so that I don't forget the name of this song, as I have a tendency to do. It's 'Desert Song' by Hillsong, and I LOVE it! If you have not heard it, go to youtube and have a listen. In fact, let me give you the link right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79055I6o-NQ&feature=share.

I am a big lover of words, more specifically, when they are woven together in such a way that your heart feels full, and you can't stop thinking about what they are saying. That is this song. Last night our choir went to the Rescue Mission in the city, and together with our worship team, we gave them a little concert; Desert Song was one of the songs we sang, and I realized anew how much I love it. The words in the last verse really got me; they say this:

This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow


The chorus is killer, too:

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here


God has really been speaking to me about this lately, this cycle of filling and emptying, where He gives so that I might give to someone else. And what a privilege that is! Last night I spoke with a sweet friend who was broken by the insensitive words of another--someone who didn't mean to inflict pain, but allowed words to fall without first being filtered through God's sifter--and God gave me words of truth, His truth and love, to speak into her spirit. By the time we hung up, we were both able to share a laugh and a last word of encouragement for the night. I think God blessed us both!

Today, I had the sheer thrill of sneaking into her house and leaving her a Cafe Mocha, some little donuts bites and a cute bouquet of dyed flowers, and then sneaking back out again before she saw me! What fun! A little bit of 'emptying' there, and I am excited to see where the rest will come! What I know for sure is that a) it will come, and b) it may not be as fun as this; it may require a trial or two along the way.

But God is my victory, and He is HERE!

I have taken to ending my quiet times lately by asking Him to bless the day; may He richly bless yours, and fill you to overflowing so that you may be emptied for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment