About Me

I decided to write this blog basically for myself, to get my thoughts organized each day, and keep myself focused on what really matters... the family God has given me, and learning to love them better each 'new day' He gives me.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good news, sad new, old friends and new beginnings

So a lot has happened since I last blogged, but I won't bored you (if anyone's even reading this) with all the details. I will summarize as best I can, and tell you where I'm at now:)

I always stress out about my yearly physical, which is kind of funny, really, considering I'm such a chicken, I usually don't go every year. I mean, I know I have to lose weight, but I don't need to step on a scale with 3 other people standing around and have us all blush when the numbers come up and I'm searching for something to crawl into or hide behind. (Why do we always assume that they're looking at us and thinking, "HOLY COW! You're HUGE!") But I went for my physical, had my bloodwork done, and all of it was normal.

Last week I had to summon the nerve to do the yucky, even more intimidating mammogram. Can I just say, I know these are never comfortable, but I don't remember my last one hurting like that! I was sore for DAYS afterward. The only thing I like about it, is that they call me with my results by the end of the day, so there's no worrying and stressing for days and weeks, which is precisely what I would do, having diagnosed myself with terminal cancer by the time I got any news. My mom had breast cancer when she was not much older than me, so I am always living in expectancy for the day I'm diagnosed. Cheerful, aren't I?

This past week, I learned/was reminded of a very valuable lesson--life is too short. Life is too short to worry about things we cannot control, to harbour resentment over wrongs/offenses from the past, to let opportunities to tell someone you love them and are proud of them go by. Life is too short, and it goes quickly. And truthfully, we have NO idea how many days the Lord has for us; we have to live each day for His glory, because it could be the last we have. I don't want to leave knowing/thinking that I missed a moment of opportunity.

God is really speaking to me these days about my priorities, and what truly matters, and I am feeling a great need to get my house in order, literally, figuratively, spiritually. Today is the day He has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment