About Me

I decided to write this blog basically for myself, to get my thoughts organized each day, and keep myself focused on what really matters... the family God has given me, and learning to love them better each 'new day' He gives me.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Smoochie Poops


So today I registered my little Sammy for Kindergarten in the Fall. I can't even believe it! Makes me want to cry even now; I can't imagine that first day of school.

















He, of course, would have gone to school today. He kept asking me if he was "all signed up". He is SO ready to go, but I think he figures it will be like his Cubbies class at Awana, or Sunday School, where he listens to a story, maybe sings a song or two, does a craft, has a snack and then plays the rest of the time. I'm trying to get him used to the thought of sitting at a desk and doing desk work more than playing, but it's a big concept for such a little guy. My little Smoochie Poops.

I am not concerned with him being afraid; quite the opposite. My concern is whether or not the teacher will be able to keep him in his seat! He's a 'go-er'. He's up every morning usually by 7:00, and goes all day until he goes to bed at 8 p.m. Try as I might, I have not been able to find an off button. He loves to play, and he LOVES when the kids come home from school and they all play together... for the most part.

So the next few months, I will do some prep work with him--continue working on his letters and counting, writing his name--and will attempt to prepare myself for the quiet hours without him. I can't even imagine running errands by myself! In spite of my greatest efforts, I guess he can't be 4 forever... but how nice would that be!

1 comment:

  1. He sounds just like our David! David started school in the autumn, and I think that is the same age you guys start kindergarten, 5?

    I was a bit concerned as to how he would be too, but his teacher has always said he is one of the quieter boys in his class. Always ready to sit and work! Perhaps he just burns it all off at home!

    ReplyDelete